Friday, February 12, 2010

Somebody tell the Bengals "Hard Knocks" is over

In continuing their new legacy as "America's Rehab Team", the Bengals have signed Matt Jones to a contract at WR. This is actually a great pick up for them since they lacked a strong possession guy and Laverneus Coles seriously underachieved last year. If Matt can literally keep his nose clean, then this could be one hell of a deal. My bigger issue with the Bengals is that they actually worked out or spoke with Pac Man Jones. The Bengals are a paradox to me. On one hand you have Carson Palmer, your leader whom is this clean cut West Coast USC Johnny be Good product and then all around him are guys whom have serious off the field issues. Even after what happened to oft troubled WR Chris Henry (Whom was turning things around), you would think the Bengals would think twice about problem children.

But, it's not their fault, Pope Roger Goodell seems to be the decider on whom is morally beyond reproach and who isn't. Or rather, he is the decider on when they have been absolved. Most recently, the league approved the Tebow ad which is a first for a Special Interest Group within a moral context. Mike Vick, you have to wait before I re-instate you because your abuse of dogs deserves at minimum 30 days of hail Mary's post jail, and you need to prove to me you have changed. Donte Stallworth, you killed someone by driving drunk, but we will re-instate you pretty quickly once released because you showed me repentance. Pac-Man, I am tired of you making it rain and your crew shooting up people. You deserve one year of banishment, but I will forgive you my child. All you other drunks, druggies, and dealers.....You are pre-forgiven.

I don't know of any other business outside of sports which would so readily allow this kind of action pass and hire that employee back when they came out of the pen. Errr...my bad Martha Stewart. I don't know of any business outside of sports and television which would take......Errr, Rush Limbaugh back in politics....Okay, outside of Sports, Politics, and Televison, I don't know....Wait, convicted child molesting priests have kept their job too. I Quit, it's just me, sorry. Lets put it this way.....if this was you, you would be fucked. But as long as we are entertained then who cares right?

No comments:

Post a Comment